Terms of Service
American Mega Laundromat services are provided subject to your (“Client”) compliance with and acceptance of the terms and conditions set forth below.
Please read the following agreement carefully. “Client” use of any of American Mega Laundromat’s services indicates an agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth below.
This agreement is strictly between American Mega Laundromat and the Client and does not in any way constitute or imply any relationship with any other parties. As a condition to using any of American Mega Laundromat’s services, and for the mutual benefit of both American Mega Laundromat and the Client, the undersigned (“Client”) agrees to the following terms and conditions.
Drop Off Wash & Fold / Pick Up & Delivery and Other Services
- American Mega Laundromat reserves the right to determine the pick-up and drop-off times at its own discretion and reserves the right to reschedule such times upon prior notice to the Client.
- Client agrees to include only washable items in the laundry bag. No Dry Cleaning Items Please!
- Client is responsible for all damage to clothing, Washers or Dryers, or anything else when caused by any Non-Clothing items and or Foreign Items such as Crayons, Lip Sticks, Ink Pens, Nails, Screws, Etc. which may be present in the Laundry Items that the Client submits to American Mega Laundromat.
- American Mega Laundromat is not responsible for and shall not pay for, any loss, damage or theft of items left unattended for pick-up or delivery, whether left by Client or American Mega Laundromat.
$25 No Show Charge
- If a Cusomer requests a Pick Up or Schedules a Delivery and is not there for any reason at the time of our Driver’s Arrival, There is a $25 No Show Charge.
Garment Care, Missing or Damaged Goods
- American Mega Laundromat will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that its Wash and Fold, Drop Off, and Pick Up and Delivery Laundry Services and Other Services maintain a high quality operation.
- American Mega Laundromat accepts no liability for damage due to normal wear and tear during washing and drying.
- American Mega Laundromat accepts no liability for “special care” items that require special attention to be cleaned.
- American Mega Laundromat reserves the right to refuse cleaning any garment.
- American Mega Laundromat does not guarantee removal of all stains.
- American Mega Laundromat is not responsible for loss of or damage to any personal or non-clothing items left in the clothing or laundry bags such as money, jewelry, or anything else.
- Client agrees not to leave such items in the clothing or in the delivery bags when dropping off or submitting laundry to the Pick Up and Delivery Driver.
- Client must notify American Mega Laundromat within 5 Business Days of Receipt of Client’s Laundry Items, about any Lost or Damaged Items from any particular Wash and Fold Projects. These include Laundry Drop Offs and Pick Up and Delivery Projects. Failure to do so constitutes waiver of a claim for any lost or damaged items from that Particular Wash and Fold Project.
Minimum Service Charge (SVC)
Most of our customers provide 15% to 25% Gratuity which nominally rewards our Hard Working Professional Laundry Staff who are specialized in Custom Washing, Custom Drying, and Custom Folding and Packaging. A Portion of the Minimum Service Charge (SVC) goes to our Hard Working Drivers who work hard to provide Free Laundry Pick Up and Delivery to all Areas of our Service Domain. It also provides a contribution towards their occasional Parking and Traffic Tickets. However, Our Generous Customers who value our Hard Working Personnel’s Professional Work reward them more. The Minimum Service Charge (SVC) – Gratuity is not a Mandatory Sales Tax and is left at the Final Discretion of the Client.
Our Minimum Service Charge (SVC) – Gratuity for Our Residential and Commercial Clients is 15%.
Our Minimum Service Charge (SVC) – Gratuity for Our Senior Citizen and Non-Profit Clients is 10%.
Minimum Costs Based on Your Distance to Us
Free Pick Up and Delivery
Just $2.39 per pound
Based on your Distance to our Modern Facility located One Mile North of Washington, DC
at 2781 Hamilton Street, Directly across West Hyattsville Metro Station on the Green Line
The Following Minimum Costs Apply to One Client One Address
$59.75 Minimum (25 Lb) or (Approximately One Small Trash Bag) for Most MD & DC Areas Within 5 Mile Driving Distance of our Modern Facility in Hyattsville.
$83.65 Minimum (35 Lb) or (Approximately One Large Trash Bag) for Most MD & DC Areas Within 5-10 Mile Driving Distance of our Modern Facility in Hyattsville.
$107.55 Minimum (45 Lb) or (Approximately 1 – 1 1/2 Large Trash Bag ) for Most MD, DC & VA Areas Within 10-15 Mile Driving Distance of our Modern Facility in Hyattsville.
$131.45 Minimum (55 Lb) or (Approximately 1 – 2 Trash Bags ) for Most MD, DC & VA Areas Within 15-20 Mile Driving Distance of our Modern Facility in Hyattsville
$179.25 Minimum (75 Lb) for Most MD & VA Areas Within 20-25 Mile Driving Distance of our Modern Facility in Hyattsville.
$239.00 Minimum (100 Lb) for Most MD & VA Areas Within 25-30 Mile Driving Distance of our Modern Facility in Hyattsville.
$298.75 Minimum (125 Lb) for Most MD & VA Areas Within 30-35 Mile Driving Distance of our Modern Facility in Hyattsville.
$346.55 Minimum (145 Lb) for Most MD & VA Areas Within 35-40 Mile Driving Distance of our Modern Facility in Hyattsville.
$394.35 Minimum (165 Lb) for Most MD & VA Areas Within 40-45 Mile Driving Distance of our Modern Facility in Hyattsville.
$442.15 Minimum (185 Lb) for Most MD & VA Areas Within 45-50 Mile Driving Distance of our Modern Facility in Hyattsville.
Minimums for Individual Customers from the Same Physical Location
- The Discounted Minimum for Each Customer in a Group of 5 Individuals or More from the Same Physical Location (Same Address, Same House, Same Apartment Building, or Same Office Building, Etc.) which is within a Driving Distance of 5-10 Miles of Our Modern Facility, will be $35.85 (15 LB X $2.39= $35.85). Pick Up and Deliveries from the Five or More Customers from the Same Address must be arranged on the same date and time.
- The Discounted Minimum for Each Customer in a Group of 5 Individuals or More from the Same Physical Location (Same Address, Same House, Same Apartment Building, or Same Office Building, Etc.) which is within a Driving Distance of 10-15 Miles of Our Modern Facility, will be $59.75 (25 LB X $2.39= $59.75). Pick Up and Deliveries from the Five or More Customers from the Same Address must be arranged on the same date and time.
- Maintaining This Minimum is because we use Separate and Dedicated Washers and Dryers for Each Client during Every Single Wash and Fold Project.
Same Day Rush Service
Abnormally Dirty Items
$2.95 per pound for processing Same Day Rush Serviceand Laundry items that are abnormally dirty or have multiple issues that require special attention.
Payment by Credit Card
- Client may pay for the services rendered by American Mega Laundromat using Credit Cards such as Visa or Master Card, Etc.
- When the Client Submits a Laundry Service Request, either Online or In Person, and the Client provides His or Her Credit Card Information to American Mega Laundromat, Client agrees to be charged on the Card that the Client provided for the Goods and Services that have been rendered to the Client by American Mega Laundromat and at the Time When the Invoice for Such Services has been issued.
Storage Charge for Unclaimed Laundry Items
One Week Free Storage
1% Storage Fee Per Day
After the First Free Storage Week based on Total Invoice Amount
- American Mega Laundromat will provide One Week Free Storage for all Completed Laundry Orders.
- American Mega Laundromat will Charge One Percent 1% Storage Fee Per Day for all Completed Orders after the First Free Storage Week. The 1% Fee is calculated based on the 1% of The Customer’s Total Invoice Amount of the Laundry that has not been picked up on the Completed Date.
All Unclaimed Laundry will be donated to Charity After 6 Months
After 6 Months, All Unclaimed Laundry will be donated to Charity (Planet Aid). The Customer will still be responsible and liable for the Laundry Service that American Mega Laundromat provided to the Customer.
American Mega Laundromat’s liability under this agreement shall be limited to general money damages in an amount not to exceed the charges for the service paid by the Client in the term under which the damages are alleged to have occurred. This liability shall be the extent of American Mega Laundromat’s liability regardless of the form in which any legal or equitable action may be brought and the foregoing shall constitute Clients’ exclusive remedy. In no event will American Mega Laundromat be held liable or be responsible for any consequential, special, indirect, incidental, or punitive loss or damages whether or not American Mega Laundromat knew or should have known of the likelihood of any loss or damages. American Mega Laundromat disclaims all warranties expressed or implied with respect to the services rendered under this agreement.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ARTICLES NOT CLAIMED. UNCLAIMED GARMENTS WILL BE HANDLED IN ACCORDANCE WITH STATE REGULATION. We exercise the utmost care in processing articles entrusted to us and use such processes, which, in our opinion, are best suited to the nature and condition of each individual article.
Nevertheless, we cannot assume responsibility for inherent weaknesses of or defects in materials that are not readily apparent prior to processing. This applies particularly, but not exclusively, to suede, leathers, silks, satins, double-faced fabrics, vinyl, polyurethanes, etc. Responsibility also is disclaimed for trimmings, buckles, beads, buttons, belts, and sequins. In laundering, we cannot guarantee against color loss and shrinkage; or against damage to weak and tender fabrics. Differences in count must be reported, and this ticket presented, within 48 hours. Unless a list accompanied the bundle, our count must be accepted. The company’s liability with respect to any lost or damaged article shall not exceed 10 times our charge for processing it.
Entire Agreement / Choice of Law
This agreement and any documents referred to herein constitute the complete, exclusive, and entire agreement between the parties, may not be modified except in writing signed by both parties and shall be governed by the laws of the state of Maryland where it operates.